Boasting an impressive 5-star rating on both TripAdvisor and Yelp, our establishment experiences high demand, with reservations consistently booked from March through the end of October. The popularity is evident as we’re compelled to decline several reservations each week. The income potential during this period is substantial, reaching $2415 per week for the upstairs accommodations (comprising 3 rooms at the current rate of $115 per night) and an additional $1050 per week for the downstairs apartment ($150 per night), culminating in a total earning potential of $3465 per week. Notably, we also accept reservations for Thanksgiving week and Christmas break.
Upon purchasing, the buyer has the opportunity to seamlessly assume the current reservations. The listing price encompasses the website, email, and branding. Moreover, the property possesses an annual lodging license for Columbia County valued at $300, an annual food and beverage license also priced at $300, and a local business license costing $60 annually. Importantly, there are no local motel or hospitality taxes, allowing us to retain the full nightly rate.
Our dedicated and trained staff is readily available for the transition, with current wages set at $16 to $20 per hour for employees responsible for room cleaning (two employees per room, requiring approximately 45 minutes per room). Included in the listing price are all essential supplies, equipment, and an ample overstock of necessities, ensuring seamless room turnovers without delays associated with laundry.
The bed & breakfast rooms are thoughtfully fully furnished, providing guests with a complete experience, while the main-level living quarters are offered unfurnished. Although events like weddings and business meetings aren’t currently hosted, we’ve received requests for such occasions. Having operated under our ownership for a decade, with a history tracing back to the “The Old Mill House” owners, The Carpenter’s Guest House boasts a solid foundation of reservations since our initial purchase.
Security measures include an installed system, and while the need for active service hasn’t arisen, outdoor cameras, including infrared capability, have been set up, though not yet connected to monitors.
- 5-star rating on trip advisor and yelp
- Reservations are usually full march thru end of October. (we turn down several each week)
- Potential income march thru Oct is $2415 a week upstairs (3 rooms at current rate $115 per night) plus $1050 a week for downstairs apartment ($150 per night) total earning potential = $3465 per week. We also take reservations during thanksgiving week and Christmas break
- Buyer can take over current reservations upon closing
- Listing price includes website, email and branding
- Annual lodging license for Columbia county $300
- Annual food and beverage license $300
- Local business license $60 annual
- No local motel or hospitality taxes we keep 100% of nightly rate
- Current staff is trained and available for new ownership our current rate for employees is $16 and $20 per hour (two employees for cleaning rooms. Takes about 45 min per room)
- Listing price includes all supplies, equipment, overstock of everything needed for flipping rooms without having to wait for laundry
- All b & b rooms come fully furnished (mail level living quarters will be unfurnished)
- We currently do not host events such as weddings, business meetings, etc. but have received requests for them
- The carpenters guest house has been operating for 10 years under current ownership and a few years prior to us under “the old mill house” owners, so we had all the reservations we were willing to accept from day one of our purchase
- Security system installed but we havn’t needed the service. Outside cameras including infrared installed but not hooked up to monitors.